NES (Nintendo Entertainment System), was one of the most popular gaming platforms in the 90s and it is quite nostalgic for the recent gamers to actually play those best snes emulators and old NES games on modern computers and smartphones. This is the reason why we have put together best NES emulators to choose for Windows and Android. All the below emulators are allow you to play games on your Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux devices.
Requirement of Best NES Emulators
NES gaming console has been a popular hit around the world. It was released in 90s and quickly took the gaming world to the whole new level. Despite being 16 bit console, it has reached to the top of the gaming console competition and outplayed many gaming consoles.
Now that NES gaming console is not available and it is not possible to play those old games, therefore NES emulators are important requirements for anyone who loves to play old Nintendo Entertainment system game.
There are ios emulators are also available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. You can also download SNES emulators for iOS. Best NES emulators do the same thing as the gaming console can do for you. You can play various games which are hard to find these days such as Super Mario, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger etc. It is always pleasing for a gaming freak to play old school games.
NES Emulators for Windows
Looking to play NES games with free nintendo DS emulator on your windows platform? Choose some of the popular emulators from the below given list:
- FCEUX: It is the most popular emulator available in the community and has various unique features and customization options for both developers and players. It is simple to use and provides more advanced controllers such as video recording, debugging and ROM hacking. FECUX is all in one application which is extremely pleasing for both advanced and casual gamers.Best NES emulators provides useful features for developers as well, especially when you are looking to develop a piece of software and use it. If you are an Android emulator developer then you can add different elements and create more advanced software. This emulator also supports different versions of Linux and Windows.
- Retro Arch: This is yet another popular advanced NES emulator available in the market available for users. It has various customization features and is considered to be the most versatile emulator.
- Nestopia UE: It is actively supported by the developers and also available as an unofficial continuation of original nestopia. Nestopia UE is an undead edition and compatible with most versions of windows. You can download and install this amazing emulator on your windows and enjoy games.
- VirtuaNES: It is another emulator that has been developed to support any version of Windows. It doesn’t require any development or control while playing modern NES games.It also provides great flexibility unlike other emulators. One of the great things about this emulator is that it has some handy features and lets you adjust screen and mode easily. It also supports gamepad and external joystick.
- JNES: One of the best emulator for windows if you want to open ROM and begin playing your favorite game. You don’t have to feel the need for replacing cannot adjust the screen size and resolution according to game requirement.
- BSNES Mercury: Another, popular emulator which is more robust and possess advanced functionality. However, it has a reputation of considered to be one of those kind of emulators that require minimum resources in order to run on a machine.If you are looking to use this emulator on your machine, then you must ensure ROM and RAM requirement. Once it meets the minimum requirement, then you can easily run highly advanced games using this emulator.
NES Emulators for Android
Below is the list of NES emulators for Android OS.
- SuperRetro 16: It is one of the fastest emulators for Android available. You can auto-detect the game’s ROM. It also supports cheat codes and multiplayer gaming. Happy chick emulator is one of retro Nintendo games.
- NES emulator 64 in 1: If you are a lover of classic games then this emulator is perfect one for you. You can play old classic game such as Bomber Man, Super Mario, Battle city etc. It also allows Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and multiplayer modes.
- emu: Yet another popular NES emulator for Android is NES.emu. It allows you to save the game progress even when your device accidently gets switched off. It also supports external controllers such as Wi-Fi, Xbox and Bluetooth etc.
- John NES Lite Emulator: It can be downloaded free of cost from Google PlayStore. It supports controller with it and gives you a unique gaming experience. To get best snes emulators for ios, check out this blog which will allows yo download and install ios emulators.
Looking to play old NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) games on your computer or smartphone device? Why not try some of these best NES emulator available for download online and on your Android device using google playStore. You will surely experience a unique gaming and you will be able to play all best NES emulators your childhood retro games yet again!